Dr. Weimin Katherine Hu is a graduate from Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee, where she earned a B.S. with Honors in Chemistry. She then earned her M.D./Ph.D. dual degrees from St. Louis University where she graduated with Alpha Omega Alpha medical society honors and a Ph.D in Pharmacology and Physiology. She then completed her dermatology residency at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, where she was the chief resident in dermatology. In addition, she completed her fellowship training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cosmetic Dermatology at the Oregon Health Science University Medical Center with Dr. Neil Swanson and Dr. Ken Lee.
Through her intensive training, Dr. Hu has obtained substantial experience in surgical treatment of skin cancer as well as in the latest advances of cosmetic dermatology. She is also very active in dermatological research and has published a number of clinical papers in major dermatology journals. In 2008, Dr. Hu became a co-partner in Specialists in Dermatology, PLLC.
Professional Associations and Accomplishments
- Excellent! Dr Hu is super, both efficient and personable. She is kind and helpful. The staff members are helpful and friendly. –CJM
- The experience was welcoming, assuring, and humorous. Before the surgery I was worried about the outcome, pain in particular, but the staff and the doctor were comforting. This made me go through the surgery with ease. –MM
- Very good, the waiting area was large and accommodated the whole family. –DM
- Everyone is just so nice and concerned about your well–being! –NG
- Very pleasant. For the surgery I had, I experienced very little pain. –DS
- I have already referred 2 new patients! –JB
- I was extremely blessed both with the care I received and with the overall hospitality of the staff. The attending assistant was excellent. –SM
- Wonderful! I first met Dr. Hu when my son was in for surgery. I then told my derm[atologist] I would only go to this office if surgery ever became a need. Dr. Hu is so sweet and tender with everything she does. Angelica is a great asset, very knowledgeable and dear. –LM
- Very good… Dr.’s work [is] fantastic. –A
- We appreciate that Dr. Hu calls to check on [the patient]… on surgery day, and her concern for [the spouse] as well. –FS
- I have had six Mohs procedures over the last year and a half, and I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Hu and her competent staff members. Quality care! –KJ
- The office atmosphere is quiet and confident. I have been in only one other office with such a positive atmopshere. My compliments to everyone. –KJ
- Excellent! Dr. Hu is like lightning — quick, powerful, and beautiful! The whole staff was very nice and kept me comfortable at all times. Thank you, Dr. Hu! I’ve referred several! –DM