You may have heard or used skin care products that contain retinol. Retinol is the raging product on the market due to its powerful benefits that help to stimulate collagen, strengthen skin, treat acne, and minimize fine lines and wrinkles. Due to its powerful properties, retinol has been found to cause skin irritation.
Bakuchiol is a new plant based alternative to Retinol, which is the perfect alternative for those with sensitive skin!
What is Bakuchiol?
- functions similarly to that of retinol
- helps improve cutaneous photodamage
- shown antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties
- a vegan, natural ingredient
How does it work?
Increases cell turnover, stimulating collagen production, which helps diminish signs of aging:
- fine lines
- skin laxity
Bakuchiol vs. Retinol?
- both are Vitamin A derivatives
- both significantly reduce signs of aging and hyperpigmentation
- retinol can be found in every variation of skin care products, however can cause irritation, especially in those with sensitive skin
- bakuchiol is less irritating but just as effective as retinol
How to apply:
For sensitive skin, apply a Bakuchiol 0.5% cream twice a day, daily. If you are using a Retinol 0.5% cream, apply once a day, daily.